Instructions for the Clean Growth Collaboration Community for the ESRF research calls
Recent comments following the release of the Environmental Studies Research Fund’s (ESRF) calls for research point toward the need to bring the different interested groups together in order to foster collaboration and increase the potential value of the proposed projects.
The Office of Energy Research and Development (OERD), part of Natural Resources Canada, has developed an online Collaboration Community platform for their Clean Growth funding program. This online tool is a simplified social media platform where individuals/groups can create a profile, share their interest with others and create open or private discussion groups.
To fulfill the need for a collaborative space, the ESRF is using the OERD Clean Growth Collaboration Community platform and will create a specific ESRF discussion group for every research call posted. Interested parties can create a profile and then request to be added to the relevant ESRF discussion group.
The Clean Growth Collaboration Community has the following advantages:
- Provides an online platform to foster collaboration;
- Allow users to create a profile and use tags to indicate areas of interest;
- Search and communicate with other users based on their areas of interest, locations, etc.;
- Allow users to create their own open, closed or private discussion groups; upload documents and share messages among group members.
- The platform could also be used to notify users of program updates (e.g. new answers on the Frequently Ask Question page) in the form of a weekly or monthly digest.
- Using this collaboration platform is voluntary and is not required for taking part of any ESRF open calls for research. This platform is available to facilitate collaboration among groups.
- As a user, be aware that information on your identity (name and location and any additional information added to your profile) will be available for other users to see.
- Please do not post any proprietary information on this site.
- Questions regarding an ESRF research call must be routed to the ESRF Secretariat (email@example.com) and will be answered on the Frequently Asked Questions webpage for all to see.
How to register and sign in
Link to sign in to the Clean Growth Community: https://cleangrowthcommunity.ca/
- Click on the Sign In tab at the top of the page and click on the register link.
- Enter your e-mail address.
- You will be ask to fill out a profile and set up a password. You do not have to fill out all the fields; you can include as much or as little information as you want under the details tab of your profile. To modify your profile after the original registration process you simply click on the My Account tab on the top right of the page and select Edit my profile.
- When filling up your profile, please check the Allow other attendees to see my profile in the directory (does NOT include email address) found under the Permissions tab when in Edit My profile mode.
- Once you have created a profile, find the ESRF research call discussion group (under Groups tab at the top of the page) and request to be added to the group. You can also send an e-mail to the ESRF Secretariat with requesting to be added.
Here is a guided video on how to use of the Collaboration Community: https://youtu.be/1Ffk4gy7aEo
Questions and Feedback
Please direct any questions regarding the ESRF open call for research or regarding the use of the Clean Growth Collaboration Community platform to the ESRF Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This is a pilot project for the ESRF open calls for research. We would appreciate any feedback you may have.
- Date modified: